Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox depends upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit is definitely influenced by the class of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specific. Single, Dual and Triple stage Horizontal equipment systems type HA, HB and HC are suggested for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical equipment systems type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement should be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the required reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Make reference to the rating table, discover in the ratio column and based on input rpm examine the gear box rating horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected in a way that the ranked HP is equal or more than the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric electric motor for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will end up being suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for insight rpm of 720 in class II duty the rated HP is 9.5
· Since the consumed HP can be 9, the machine HB-350 will be suitable.
2. Decide on a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric motor for cross travel drive in a class IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will be suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in course IV duty the rated HP is 3
Fascinated in finding out more about crane duty helical gearbox?